Welcome to my blissfully happy world
comprised of music, books,
black and white movies, lots and lots of gluten, chocolate, family, love,
and fun-filled shenanigans!!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Searching

Dear Job Market,

Thank you for being not too shabby for a music educator. I have to admit, I have been terrified concerning the job hunting process. Needless to say Career Services has saved my life. So far I have a respectable resume and some classy references. That was the easy part. The tough part is finding someone who will hire me. Oh boy. I was worried that there wouldn't be very many openings, however I have been searching and there is no shortage of music jobs available. There are quite a few full time jobs opened up already, and even more part time jobs. So that made me feel a bit more at ease. Until recently...

After a month of searching, finding, applying, writing, and mailing out my credentials, the first rejection letter came today. I am not going to say I wasn't disappointed. My heart dropped and I had to remind myself to keep breathing, after all there are five more potential winners out there. So for now I shall wait, and keep my eye on future jobs. Right now it seems that everyone in senior sem has a job already, I know that isn't true. So I shall be patient and wait for the right job to come along, I just wish it would hurry up already!

Yours truely,
a hopeful job seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment